About us

Holy Trinity Church was built in Margate in1825 and was destroyed by enemy action in 1943. The new church was built adjacent to the existing St. Mary’s Chapel in the Northdown area of Cliftonville. The chapel, which is a Victorian gem and is much loved and in constant use, was built in 1892 and was then incorporated within the new build of the church. Holy Trinity Church was consecrated in 1959.

In 2003 the church was completely re-ordered, which saw pews and choir stalls removed, new carpet fitted, individual seating provided and the installation of new heating, lighting and sound systems. The work to the Resource Centre was completed in 2006 and includes a designated nursery and pre-school facility, which is much used by the local community. A second floor was installed, creating space for a youth room, education room, upper lounge, an office and toilets. A lift links the two floors.

The main entrance to the whole building complex is now incorporated within the new Trinity Resource Centre and access to the church is through glass doors, which mirror the style of those in St. Mary’s Chapel. A reception area is the main point of contact for visitors and a popular café providing cooked meals, light lunches, cakes and beverages is open for several hours daily during weekdays.

There is disabled access to all areas of the complex, both church and resource centre, with an accessible toilet on both floors. Two designated disabled parking areas are provided in a 30 space car park.

Through the generosity of the church family and charity funding over the past few years, we now have state of the art buildings, thus providing a God centred welcome to all.

Area, the parish of Holy Trinity, Margate, with its population of over 8,000, is located within the Deanery of Thanet, Diocese of Canterbury.

There are excellent transport links, with the National Express and local bus services, including ‘The Loop’, stopping outside our door. The three main railway stations at Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate are within a four mile radius of Holy Trinity and TRC, with services to the rest of Kent and London.